Large 48 MW-dc (output capacity 35MW-ac) output enough to power 32,628 households(2)
TOKYO, Oct 10, 2018 – (JCN Newswire) – On September 25, 2018, the first mega solar power plant in Vietnam began commercial operation. This plant was a joint construction project involving Sharp Energy Solutions Corporation (SESJ)(3), the Thanh Thanh Cong Group (TTC Group)(4), and the Gia Lai Electricity Joint Stock Company(5) operating under the umbrella of the TTC Group. A completion ceremony was held at the site on October 5. The ceremony was attended by officials from Industry and Trade Ministry, officials from Home Affairs Ministry, and others.
The new plant has an output of approximately 48 MW-dc (output capacity 35MW-ac). This is equivalent to the amount consumed in a year by 32,628 average Vietnamese households. Under a joint project with the TTC Group and others, Sharp is also constructing two other solar power plants in Vietnam: one in Binh Thuan Province and one in Long An Province. Each of these new plants will have a capacity of approximately 49 MW-dc. Sharp remains committed to spreading renewable energy in Vietnam.
(1) As of October 10, 2018; based on Sharp research.
(2) Calculated at 1,887 kWh per household.
(3) SESJ is a subsidiary of Sharp Corporation, specializing in energy solutions such as the sales of PV systems and the installation of electrical equipment.
(4) The TTC Group is a conglomerate that operates in various sectors, including real estate, energy, agriculture, and education.
(5) Gia Lai Electricity plays a key role in the TTC Group’s renewable energy business, including photovoltaic, hydropower, and wind power.
About Sharp Corporation
Sharp Corporation (TSE: 6753) is a worldwide developer of innovative products and core technologies that play a key role in shaping the future of electronics. As a leader in liquid crystal displays (LCDs) and digital technologies, Sharp offers one of the broadest and most advanced lines of consumer electronics, information products and electronic components, while also creating new network businesses. For more information, please visit www.sharp.co.jp