Because the widespread adoption of electric vehicles (EVs) could ramp up demand for electricity and slash transportation-related emissions of carbon dioxide and other pollutants, a growing group of stakeholders, including power companies and trade groups, strongly advocate for an accelerated EV rollout. By mid-2018, several countries with potentially large EV markets had set EV deployment targets, as well as objectives for the industry for the 2020-to-2030 timeframe. A handful of national governments have also pledged to end sales or registrations of new internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles. Notes: BEV = battery EV; PHEV = plug-in hybrid EV; FCEV = fuel-cell EV; PLDV = passenger light-duty vehicle; LCV = light commercial vehicles; ZEV = Zero Emission Vehicle.
- Official: FERC, Other Agencies Identifying ‘Critical’ Coal, Nuclear Plants
- Nuclear Construction Update: New Progress Made in Russia, UAE, and U.S.
- Siemens Combining Business Units as Part of New Strategy
- GE Cutting 225 Jobs at New York Campus
- New York Denies Air Permit for New Gas-Fired Power Plant
- Connected Plant