MILWAUKEE, June 5, 2013 – Advancing the industry’s performance further, Rexnord recently introduced its new Thomas® XTSR52 and XTSR71 Disc Couplings, an offering with enhanced features that provide customers with the highest value solution for rotating equipment.
“Committed to evolving with customers and their needs, Rexnord has advanced the Thomas Series 52 and 71 with the launch of the Thomas XTSR Disc Coupling offering,” explains Santanu Debnath, Director, Commercial Operations, Coupling.
The Thomas XTSR Disc Couplings are used by rotating equipment engineers in industries such as oil and gas, petrochemical and power generation.
Combining compact size and powerful performance, the Thomas XTSR52 and XTSR71 provide customers with:
• Optimization for the industry — the offering features higher torque, lower mass and an all-metric design.
• Simple installation and maintenance — the combination of modular components, ability to retrofit to Thomas and John Crane Metastream hubs, tapered bolts, unitized disc pack, integrated balancing hardware, and clear product markings, allow for ease of installation and maintenance.
• Strengthened operation and safety — multiple features, including an anti-flail ring, overload bushings, standard manganese phosphate coating and optional torque overload protection system provide increased equipment operating safety.
“We continually seek out customer needs and find ways to add value to the Rexnord coupling product line that our customers demand, and this new design has helped us achieve that,” explains Michael Skowronek, Director, Global Portfolio Management, Bearings and Global Coupling.
To learn more about Rexnord’s new Thomas XTSR coupling offering, go to www.rexnord.com/XTSR for more information, including:
• Online disc coupling product selector for trouble-free coupling selection
• Technical white paper, “Disc Coupling Dilemma: Torque Density vs. Durability”
• Product data sheets and drawings
• Installation manuals and brochure
With a complete portfolio and a history of providing coupling solutions for close to a century, Rexnord provides customers with a full selection of disc, grid, gear, elastomeric, fluid and composite couplings — all manufactured for quality, reliability and easy maintenance.
Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wis., Rexnord is a leading worldwide industrial company comprised of two strategic platforms: Process & Motion Control and Water Management, with approximately 7,300 employees globally. Within our platforms, we serve a diverse array of growing, global end markets by offering the broadest, most reliable product portfolios and trusted brands in our industries.
Within Process & Motion Control, we design, manufacture, market and service specified, highly engineered mechanical components used within complex systems where our customers’ reliability requirements and the cost of failure or downtime are extremely high.
Within Water Management, we design, procure, manufacture and market products that provide and enhance water quality, safety, flow control and conservation, in which customers specify our products due to performance, life cycle and project cost, and our service levels.
Additional information about the Company can be found at www.rexnord.com