(Savannah, GA – July 27, 2015) Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems Americas (MHPSA) shipped the tenth Advanced Technology Gas Turbine unit from the Savannah Machinery Works (SMW) facility in Savannah, GA on July 15, 2015. This shipment represents a major milestone for the company and a significant accomplishment for the SMW team.
The 10th gas turbine is part of an order from Old Dominion Electric Cooperative (ODEC) for two M501GAC gas turbines for their new Wildcat Point Generation Facility in Cecil County, Maryland. It will be one of the most environmentally clean and fuel efficient natural gas facilities of its size on the East Coast. The plant is scheduled to be online in 2017 and will produce up to 1,000 MW, enough to power 390,000 homes.
The SMW facility has world-class advanced manufacturing capabilities and offers:
- Gas and steam turbine manufacturing and full unit assembly
- Gas turbine combustor component manufacturing
- Gas and steam turbine comprehensive rotor inspections and component repair services
- Generator rotor full mechanical and electrical inspections and repairs including full rewinds
- Nuclear and fossil valve inspection and repair
- High Speed Balancing of large rotating equipment up to 4,400 rpm and up to 220 tons
SMW started operation in 2010 and shipped its first gas turbine in October, 2012 to Dominion Virginia Power’s Warren County Power Station in Front Royal, Virginia.
About Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems Americas, Inc.
Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems Americas, Inc. is headquartered in Lake Mary, FL. With over 2,000 employees, MHPSA provides a wide variety of products and services for the electric power generation industry including gas, steam, and geothermal turbines, boiler, and environmental control systems to serve customers throughout the Americas. The company’s parent is Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems, Ltd. (MHPS) in Japan. Learn more at www.mhpowersystems.com.