The operational realities of power generating units today are vastly different than they were years ago. Most units were designed for baseload operation, whereas today they’re being cycled to account for an increased renewable portfolio and low natural gas prices. We’re seeing more equipment failures because of these operating profiles. In years past, plants were well staffed, which made it easy to maintain operations. Today, staff and expertise are depleted and maintaining plant assets is much more challenging. Having a plan to lead your utility into the future will be more critical than ever to stay up and running.
- NuScale Gains Potential Financial Backing for Worldwide SMR Deployment
- NRC Certifies South Korea's APR1400 Nuclear Reactor Design for U.S. Use
- Utility Business Model Reform and the Role of Big Data
- Iran Expands Plans for Nuclear Power
- POWER Digest [May 2019]: News Briefs From Around the World